- Create Google or Yahoo eMail account prior to registering Domain Name - even if already have one
- Consider goals for website(s) in order of importance and relative roll-out timing of each segment
- what is must-include content and what is nice-to-include content
- Create rough draft of website layout, initial number of pages, initial basic content of each page
- Consider multiple websites based on purpose and/or functionality
- eCommerce site is just that and typically not practical for other purposes
- Determine domain name, # of domains/sub-domains, # of emails
- Consider current and future skill sets for website design, development, and maintenance
- long term commitment and effort needed to “care for and feed” website(s)
- creation of content, art work, and photos for website
- management of inventory, accounting, etc.
- Consider # of products for online store – initial and future
- Evaluate possible integration of local products/sales with online products/sales?
- Evaluate preferred payment option(s) – Amazon Pay, Square, PayPal, other
- Consider importance of integration with social media – which ones
< = = = Consider NOTHING on Blind Faith – Research, Research, Research = = = >